Thursday, August 8, 2013

Your Daily Ralph~ 8/8/13

Does this man look happy to you?


Anger and distractions

You ever have one of those days when just have had enough of the constant garbage that's thrown at you on so many levels? That's where I am today. It's just been one of those days. For days I've been trying to get back to writing, and somehow this is the upside of my lousy day today. I suddenly have the desire to put words to screen and burn off some anger productively. It's a crappy day out there so I can't do anything outside anyway. So here I am writing more in the next Crystalon adventure. Maybe this will get me fired up to get back on track permanently. I still feel the first Crystalon novel was my best piece so far. Hopefully someday it will be discovered by a wider audience.

One of the few highpoints to me lately is that my sci-fi novel ' The Cagliostro Chronicles' seems to have struck a chord with a lot of readers. To say I'm happy about this would be an understatement. People seem to like it. The funny thing about this is that when I was writing it, I wasn't sure how it was going to be accepted. I was probably least pleased with it out of all the books I had recently written. Yet here it is a success. I'm surprised, and happy. It just goes to show you that you have no idea what's going to work and what isn't. All in all I really liked the story I had written, but I wasn't sure it would resonate well with readers. There were a few times I say there thinking "What am I doing here?" But I guess I knew somehow. Hopefully it'll keep building on its popularity. It's a fast paced sci-fi space opera/adventure, that like a 'Snickers' bar, really satisfies.

http://tinyurl.com/thecagliostro

No comments:

Post a Comment