Sunday, August 18, 2013

Your Daily Ralph! 8/18/13

So I was out of town for a few days, at a well known vacation spot where I spent four days. I had fun and relaxed and even did a little writing too. Only a few hundred words, but hey whatever. I came home and wrote a quick 500 more tonight. I was hoping to get another 1500 in, but I don't know if that's going to happen tonight 'Copper' is on and I dig this show.

I'm beginning to think that reviews, good or bad don't matter with books. None of this stuff makes any sense to me. I find some reviewers to be petty, little people who make nasty comments with stupid reasoning behind their comments. According to amazon I'm not supposed to reply to their comments on amazon's site. Fair enough, but on my blog I'll have my say. Someone gave me a three star review for 'The Cagliostro Chronicles'  saying that it was quirky and overall he liked it, but he had issues with a few things. That I can live with even though I disagree with some things he said. for instance he comments the ship with the new experimental drive does not break down. Well on the first page it can't get off the ground, I think that's your break down right there. The ship is shaking so badly on the first page, Mark Johnson is worried it's going to shake itself apart. the engineer fixes it, and off they go.  Which is another point the reviewer made that the engineer, Dan Sledge, had nothing to do, but he fixes the ships engines in the first chapter then later on gets the ship repaired when its found floating and abandoned in space. he has a few other complaints I can definitely reply to that I feel he's wrong at. I feel he's nit picking at points in his review. He goes on to say the book is short but then says he sat for four hours straight and reads it one sitting. It's 66,000 words and 282 pages, so that falls under 'You can't please all of the people all of the time.' at the end the reviewer says that he'll be back to read the rest of the series. Well fair enough it sounds like he enjoyed it but that he was really looking for what I would call 'hard sci-fi' which 'The Cagliostro Chronicles' is not. It was written for the fan of Star Trek and Star Wars and Buck Rogers and those that love fun and adventurous sci-fi filled with action. That's what this is. It's fast paced. If you're looking to know exactly how the Faster Than Light Drive works I can't help you there. Suffice to say it was thoroughly tested experimented on and that's why it works so well. Also the lead character Mark Johnson? He's THAT good! He created and perfected that drive and the point throughout the novel is that he's a super genius. That's why it continues to sell so well day in and day out. It's a fun adventure! Check it out today !

http://tinyurl.com/cagchron for the kindle

http://tinyurl.com/thecagliostro for the paperback.

Other links on my website for Nook and Smashwords  http://RLAngeloJr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment