Friday, November 1, 2013

Your Daily Ralph~ 11/1/13- Challenge yourself!

Tuesday night I did just that. I decided to challenge myself and write a short story in 24 hours. The goal was 5,000 words and to have it published on kindle at the end of the 24 hour period. Well, the story started to progress and when you write a story, especially a short one there's a lot to get in in a small amount of words or pages.
So my 5,000 word story became almost 11,000. I finished it about 28 hours into the marathon writing session (Yes I slept 7 hours in between) . It worked out to 2,000 words from 10 PM until 1 AM Tuesday night. Sleep until 8 and back to it about 10 AM. I basically wrote all day long until about 2 AM wed night. The funny part is I think I screwed up my right wrist  now as I woke up today with pains in it. I did nothing but hand out Halloween candy yesterday, so I know it was not related to anything else.
Now I finished the book at 2 AM wed. night (Or thurs. morning if you prefer) and did a quick edit when I got up thurs. and quickly published it to Kindle. I wrote a Halloween horror tale with monsters out to make a long standing black magic spell come to fruition. I could have gone much longer with this thing, and it could have ended a very different way if I had, but I left it relatively short. at 32 pages (According to the kindle program) and I like it. It's a good. scary Halloween tale that's not graphic blood and gore crap, but instead its more of a monster Vs. the townspeople tale with some very modern tweaks . You'll have to read it to see what I'm talking about. It's a fun little story that you'll enjoy very much. (I hope) It's called ' The Halloween Terror of Weatsboro' and it's available right here:   Http://tinyurl.com/weatsboro



In other news, Amazon decided to put the Cagliostro Chronicles on sale right now for $2.48 which is cool as you save .51 cents off of the kindle edition. I have no idea how long this sale will last, but you might want to grab a copy of the kindle edition if you haven't already while it's at its much lower price. http://tinyurl.com/cagchron  

No comments:

Post a Comment