Friday, October 4, 2013

Your daily Ralph 10/4/13 - Everybody's working for the weekend

Today I was inspired. I sat down and wrote 3400 words in 'My Enemy, Myself' the sequel to 'Redemption of the Sorcerer'. That's 1400 over what I usually endeavor to put down per day. The reason I think is that I'm getting closer to the end. I'm up to about 77,000 words now, and I figure on about another 13,000 to go to end this blockbuster. Then will come the passes for editing. That is the hard part. Not the writing itself. I don't talk about this much, but I have a limitless imagination. I'm, one of those guys who can see a gum wrapper on the ground and a torn shoelace and I can make an adventure out of it. I dream big, and my best dreams are in the waking hours. I've always had a vivid imagination. I was told I daydreamed as a child. Yeah well, that was a good thing, I hate to tell ya. I was talking to my buddy Tommy Hancock a dew days ago, and he asked me what I had planned in the near future after I finished 'Enemy'. I rattled off two immediate projects I want to get to after I finish this one, but you'll hear more about that on the pod cast I did with him in the coming weeks. Sometimes I feel I would work on two projects simultaneously, but I can't really do that. A lot of writers can (That's cool I just referred to myself as a 'Writer'. I'm still not used to that.) but I'm not one of them. I have to stay focused on one project or I'll never finish it. Even this one is taking me a lot longer than I originally expected it to take. I think I originally expected to be done with this by the end of July or mid August, but right now I still think I'm at least two weeks out. Oh well, hopefully I'll get it done for a pre-Christmas release. But there's a lot to do yet. I have to get it edited and a new cover drawn up, then I'll need to assemble it all into one neat package. You see, some of these books I publish using my own publishing company I started. Right now it's just for stuff I want complete control of, and it's only for my stuff alone. I'm not publishing for anyone else. But in the future that may change. So when you see "Cosmic Comet Publishing" inside the book you know that's me.

Cosmic Comet publishing as so far published 'The Cagliostro Chronicles'



And 'Redemption of the Sorcerer'


As well as the nonfiction  'Help! They're All Out to Get Me!'

 
 
and of course 'Torahg the Warrior, Sword of Vengeance' was published by the inimitable Pro Se publications
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment