Sunday, September 15, 2013

Your Daily Ralph- New reviews 9/15/13

I received a couple of new reviews today for "Redemption of the Sorcerer" which were both very nice.


By S. Davies on September 15, 2013
Format: Paperback
I've recently read Angelo's `Cagliostro' book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. With this in mind when I saw he had another book out - I jumped at the chance to read it!

This is a book suitable for nearly all ages. I enjoyed the subtle and yet strong authorial message that strength isn't always about those that shout and smash, and that we need to appreciate what we have when we have it.
A fun read, this reminded me of the recent Marvel films with its wit, humour, grand sense of adventure and the conscious fact neither the movies nor this book take themselves too seriously.

A sweeping range of characters, good dialogue and a lovely pace all make this a nice easy read. If you enjoy YA fantasy (which this predominantly is) then I do urge you to give this a shot.
 
 
Five Stars Loved it
By K Richards on September 15, 2013
Format: Paperback Amazon Verified Purchase
Pointed in the direction of this book by my wife (who knows I enjoy Harry Potter, David Haydn, and the old `Flashman' books) and I'm glad that she did. This is a very easy read that the reader is able to pick up and put down really easily. I found myself reading this on the train to work, at the office (when quiet!) and then again walking home from the train station. With characters that are relatable and real, I was able to connect to the story and the urgency of their actions. This is a book that straddles fantasy and adventure and I think it would be appeal to the teenage readership - especially teenage boys - and if the author continues to put out books like this, I think he'll do very well.
 
 
Thanks for the kind words  K. Richards and S. Davies! Both reviews are really appreciated! You can find Redemption of the Sorcerer at the link below.
 
 
Everything else I have written can be found at
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment