Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mystery Mission-Completion

So after all the riding and the fancy dinners and lunches were done , it was time to leave. Friday morning I packed my gear up loaded the bike, and began the long ride home. But not before I watched consumers who were hand picked allowed to test ride the self same motorcycle, albeit on a much shorter route then I had the day before. Back on my FJR I wove through the mountain access rode, finally deposting myself onto the main rode outside the ski resort and began heading south, thoughts of this new motorcycle on my head. Dark skies and cold temps prevailed until I was out of the mountains and onto the highway heading south. I rolled onto 91 and continued for three hours straight, finally stopping after about 180 miles off of 84 . I stopped at a Chili's I know of and had a quick lunch then headed back out quickly, within a half hour of arriving, removing layers and changing gloves before I returned to the highway as I rocketed along 84, until I hit 8 then descended further until I came upon the end of 8 and the bridgeport ferry. The plan was if there was going to be an hour and half wait between boats I was just going to take my chances and ride around, as luck would have it, there was a boat just now disembarking. Within minutes I was aboard and settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment