Friday, May 9, 2014

Your daily Ralph- 'My Enemy, Myself' and the creative process.


The Making of

‘My Enemy, Myself

The Crystalon Saga, Book Two’

 

Boy, has this been a long road. This book was actually finished with the writing phase (Which BTW everyone, that’s the easy part. It’s actually the simple part. It’s everything else that’s like sticking your face in a meat grinder.) before Christmas. A lot of things got in the way of this being out there much sooner. I’m not going into the specifics but just trust me; this was a very painstaking endeavor.

But it is finally wrapped up. Last night I uploaded it to be published , this morning I looked over a digital proof and made one final adjustment on everything and sent it back in to be re-proofed. This is going to be the very best, most professionally finished book yet from me. While I’m very happy with everything I’ve written and produced so far, this one has come out the best. So much so that I may go back and re-produce the previous three Cosmic Comet Productions books just to bring them up to this standard.

But the fact is most people will never realize this because E-books outsell paper these days. So no one would realize any of the painstaking steps I’ve taken to bring this book up to a level I’ll be satisfied with, and I’m sure I’ll find something else down the road that will cause me to go back, repair whatever I’ve seen and upload yet another completed file, because yes, I’m that crazy about this stuff being perfect. But don’t worry someone will still find something to complain about, no matter what.

The production of a book is a truly painstaking endeavor. As I alluded to earlier, writing it is the easy part. I’ve been very blessed (Have I told you ‘thank you’ lately God for pointing me at the right people along the way? Well thank you, in case I haven’t.) with meeting up with the right people as far as artist and editors go. I’ve also been able to pick the brains of colleagues in certain groups on FB and Yahoo for suggestions about how certain things should be added and defined within the context of a book. It’s been a learning experience that as with everything in life will always continue.

What I mean there is you never know it all. There’s always something that you learn along the way with each new book.

Something else to talk about as well, the sense of satisfaction finishing a book and getting it out there brings. It’s a huge sigh of relief to see a project finished. This is one damned fine book too.  Even though the first Crystalon book didn’t set the world on fire with sales, it definitely has its fans, and the reviews have been stellar. I seem to do some of my best writing on this character. ‘My Enemy Myself’ is similar in that respect. Crystalon is at the top of his game now, but he’s going back to a place he hasn’t been to in two years by his reckoning. A place that used to be as familiar as the back of his hand, and now it no longer is. A lot changes in two years. The mighty sorcerer Crystalon is about to find that out on his newest adventure. Come along for the ride, I think you’ll enjoy it.

 
 
This should be live on Amazon by the evening of 5/9/14
 
As always all of my own books are available at http://RLAngeloJr.com or http://tinyurl.com/ralphsamazon
 
 
Subscribe to my blog! Click on the link at the top of the right hand column to get my daily rants delivered to your inbox.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment