Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Almuric!

AlmuricAlmuric by Robert E. Howard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book surprised me. Being a huge 'Conan' fan I wanted to try something else written by Robert E. Howard, and was recommended by a friend to read "Almuric" The story takes place on a world many light years from earth. The protaganist is transported there and immediately does battle with an alien who, for the first time in Esau Cairn's life is more then a match for him in strength. He still defeats the man (Who seems more like a hairy ape then a true human) Thus begins Esau's life upon Almuric. The book has much in common with Edgar Rice Burroughs 'John Carter' series of which I am also a fan. This book held my interest completely. I did not put it down for very long. It was an excellent story about a man who conquers a world and makes it his own. Of course there is a climactic battle that ties up all the loose ends and everyone lives happily ever after, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a great story and its highly recommended. I REALLY liked this one. Go buy it and read it! If you like sci-fi action and adventure you will love this book!

View all my reviews ">

No comments:

Post a Comment