Monday, January 7, 2019

So Bumblebee...


          I'm probably going to hear flack about this; but this was my least favorite of the Transformers movies. While it was okay, it wasn't great. I loved most of the franchise. This one was just, like I said already, 'okay.' 
          It had a little too slow of a pace for me, and the young girls shmaltzy story was supposed to be heart wrenching, but it just felt very cliched'. 
          Was it good overall? Absolutely. The robot designs were so much better in this movie than in previous Transformer flicks, where I always found the action very hard to follow once they got wrapped up in each other and rolling across the ground. Here, they had the classic 70's look, which is exactly what they were supposed to look like. This part of it, they got right. Bee got his metallic butt kicked through most of it, but at the end he showed why he was really a soldier. The fights were on a much smaller scale than previous Transformers movies, which I liked. The music was perfect 80's vintage (The film took place in '87, I think. At least the beginning did, but when Bumblebee is found in a scrapyard he's covered in dust and an old tarp, so I'm not sure how long he was supposed to be there.)

         Overall, good movie, enjoyable, but it seemed more aimed at the teenage set than the earlier films were. I'd say 3 1/2 out of 5 stars, maybe 4 stars if you're really '80's Transformers nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment